As a community we at the Royal City Mission, Drop In Centre, Hope House, Wyndham House and the Guelph Community Health Centre are combining resource efforts to meet the needs of vulnerable community members during our COVID-19 response. We will be supported with food from Guelph CHC’s SEED program, funding from the County of Wellington and by generous members of our community.
IF YOU ARE HOMELESS
At this time all food will be received and prepared in partnership with the Royal City Mission and will be made available at the Drop-In Centre, 23 Gordon St.
Adults or seniors
• The Drop In Centre will be open 24 hours a day where meals will be provided at 11 am, 2 pm and 7 pm. Food will continue to be made available throughout the overnight hours. These hours will continue until April 15, 2020
• Stepping Stone Men’s Shelter will be open 24 hours a day as soon as scheduling allows.
• The Wyndham House Youth Shelter located at 18 Norwich St. E. is now open 24 hours a day and all meals will be provided. For more information call 519-837-3892. Please note: The downtown youth hub is being temporarily closed as of March 18th to allow for staffing reallocation to support the expanded service hours at the youth emergency shelter. Wyndham House Administrative office (519-822-4400) is closed to visitors at this time.
Women and children
• Dwelling Place Shelter for Women and Children is now open 24 hours a day.
IF YOU ARE FOOD INSECURE
Support and grocery items will be available. To book an appointment, please call HOPE House at (519) 265-4299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or private message us on Facebook.
HEALTH SUPPORTS TO VULNERABLE COMMUNITY MEMBERS:
The Guelph CHC’s Downtown and Shelldale locations remain open for scheduled, urgent medical appointments. Wherever possible, care is being provided virtually.
A registered nurse and inreach worker are onsite daily at Guelph CHC’s downtown location to provide health care and support to our most vulnerable community members, including those who are homeless.
Nurse Practitioners continue to provide regular walk-in outreach clinics at the Welcome in Drop In Centre. Outreach Workers from the SOS and Welcoming Streets teams continue to provide modified supports.
Consumption and Treatment Services remain open regular hours, now relocated to the lower level of Guelph CHC’s downtown location to provide for enhanced distancing and infection control.
WANT TO HELP?
• Food donations (including fresh and prepared foods) will be received at the Royal City Mission, 50 Quebec Street.
• Hygiene and grocery items will be received at HOPE House from 9 am to 4 pm Monday to Thursday.
• Financial donations will be accepted through a coordinated community fund. Please watch this space for details!
• To volunteer or for more information:
– To help with food and food prep, contact email@example.com or (519) 837-3777
– To help HOPE House clients access the food market and clothing market, contact Gillian at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-265-4299
– Drop In Centre – email@example.com or 519 837 0080
– Wyndham House – firstname.lastname@example.org or 519 822 4400