VOLUNTEER ADVISORS for the Patient & Family Advisory Committee.
The Guelph Family Health Team needs help from people living in the Guelph area to help us improve primary care.
What do we mean by Primary Care?
The care people receive from their Family Doctors and the other people that work with Family Doctors.
What is involved in being a Patient & Family Advisor?
This group will meet for 2 hours each month to talk about:
• How can services and care be improved?
• What are some ideas for new services or programs?
• What does it feel like to be a patient supported by the Guelph Family Health Team?
Who can be a Patient Advisor?
• Anyone in the area who is a patient, caregiver, or a family member of a patient with a Family Doctor in Guelph (Family Doctor is part of the Guelph Family Health Team)
• Anyone willing to come to monthly meetings to discuss their thoughts
Would I be good at this?
We are looking for volunteer advisors who:
• Will take part in group discussion
• Are interested in community work to support good health for all people in Guelph
• Respects and listens to differing opinions and others’ perspectives
• Can share insights and information about their experiences in ways that others can learn from them
• Speak openly and honestly within a group
• Likes to work in partnership with others
Please note when applying:
• If English is your second language, a translator will be needed
• At this time, we are meeting virtually. You will need access to the internet and a device that will allow you to connect virtually.
If you are interested, fill out the online form below. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-837-4444 ext. 266Fill out ONLINE FORM
The Guelph FHT PFAC aims to represent all of those who receive health care in our community and we welcome applications from individuals with a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds. Specific perspectives we are looking to add to our group at this time are; those who have immigrated to Canada, those who are members of racialized or marginalized communities.