Leading Primary Health Care in Guelph
The Guelph Family Health Team’s vision is Leadership, Innovation, and Excellence in Primary Care. Building on the medical home model, our interdisciplinary team improves the health of Guelph and area residents through patient-guided, quality focused primary healthcare based on best-practice evidence. In collaboration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, we have become a designated Best Practice Spotlight Organization. We inspire in our staff a commitment to professional, comprehensive, and compassionate care so our patients can maximize their wellness potential and are looking for candidates committed to sustainable use of best practice evidence in their role.
The Guelph Family Health Team is looking for a part-time (0.5-0.7FTE) permanent Registered Practical Nurse, in our Foot Care Clinic.
The Foot Care Nurse is responsible for ensuring that the quality of the Foot Care services to patients in the community and facility setting is compliant with legislation and standards of practice.
- Perform nursing foot assessments, provide foot care treatment, health education/counseling, and other clinical activities according to the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of practice
- Maintain accurate, concise, and confidential electronic medical record documentation, assessment notes, scheduling and required correspondence
- Continually assess, anticipate, identify, and respond to new and changing needs of patients and communicate available resources to patient when appropriate
- Adheres to safe risk management practices
- Ensure that infection prevention and control policies and procedures are followed, including cleaning and reprocessing foot care equipment
- Contribute to Foot Care program and services planning and evaluation and participate in organization-wide planning and committees
- Participate in meetings and educational sessions with other multi-disciplinary team members
- Collaborate with local community resources and services to enhance care coordination and patient access
- Perform other duties requested by management
- Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Advanced and Diabetic Foot care certificate
- Prior experience in foot care and wound care an asset
- Excellent assessment, teaching, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Practice Suites Solution, and foot care specific software)
- Must be able to offer a holistic, compassionate, and evidence-based approach to patient care
- Knowledge of community resources an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check is required
Guelph FHT is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process; please advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com by January 18, 2023. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.