Leading Primary Health Care in Guelph
The Guelph Family Health Team’s vision is Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Primary Care. Building on the medical home model, our interdisciplinary team improves the health of Guelph and area residents through patient-guided, quality focused primary healthcare based on best-practice evidence. In collaboration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, we aim to become a designated Best Practice Spotlight Organization. We inspire in our staff a commitment to professional, comprehensive, and compassionate care so our patients can maximize their wellness potential and are looking for candidates committed to sustainable use of best practice evidence in their role.
The Guelph Family Health Team is looking for a Registered Nurse for our Primary Care at Home (PCAH) team. This is a part-time (0.6FTE) contract role for up to 14 months.
As a PCAH nurse, you will be responsible for supporting complex patients by being an extension of their family doctor’s office and visiting patients in their own homes. You will be working directly with primary care providers and collaborating with community services to better support patients who are unable to attend office appointments. By visiting patients in their homes to assess their well-being, you will help them access primary care and the community and health support services they require. There will be opportunities to take part in FHT initiatives and quality improvements projects as required.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with a BScN
- Certificate of registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 2- 3 years’ working experience
- Ability to function in a full scope RN role in a collaborative and interdisciplinary primary care
- Knowledge of community social and health partners an asset
- Strong ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to function in a collaborative and interdisciplinary primary care setting
- Strong risk assessment capabilities
- Excellent skill in patient coaching to support self-management
- Self-directed individual with system navigation capacity
- Progressive learner
- Previous Home Care experience an asset
Guelph FHT is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process; please advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required.
Interested applicants can email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume by May 19, 2023. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.