Leading Primary Health Care in Guelph
The Guelph Family Health Team’s vision is Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Primary Care. Building on the medical home model, our interdisciplinary team improves the health of Guelph and area residents through patient-guided, quality focused primary healthcare based on best-practice evidence.
In collaboration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, we aim to become a designated Best Practice Spotlight Organization. We inspire in our staff a commitment to professional, comprehensive and compassionate care so our patients can maximize their wellness potential and are looking for candidates committed to sustainable use of best practice evidence in their role.
The Guelph FHT is looking for a 0.4 to 0.6 FTE Registered Kinesiologist, for up to a 15 month contract.
- Complete comprehensive assessments including MSK concerns, CVD risk, and readiness to change.
- Assess and recommend exercises for patients with a number of Chronic Health conditions such as Diabetes, COPD, Cardiovascular Disease, Arthritis, Obesity and self-care Chronic Pain populations
- Responsible for group facilitation(including support group) using adult education methods, including Motivational Interviewing
- Assist in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives within the programs and organization
- Willingness to work at full scope through the use of medical directives
- Member in good standing with the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario
- Knowledge and experience using a client and family centered philosophy of care
- Experience working with diabetes, COPD and other chronic conditions patients is an asset
- Certified Diabetes Educator considered an asset
- ACSM CEP or CSEP CEP certification considered an asset
- Up to date First Aid and CPR
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records. Use of Practice Solutions considered an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team
Guelph FHT is an equal opportunity employer. If any accommodations are needed for applicants during the selection process, please notify HR.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No resumes will be accepted for this position after September 20, 2019. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.