Leading Primary Health Care in Guelph
The Guelph Family Health Team’s vision is Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Primary Care. Building on the medical home model, our interdisciplinary team improves the health of Guelph and area residents through patient-guided, quality focused primary healthcare based on best-practice evidence. In collaboration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, we aim to become a designated Best Practice Spotlight Organization. We inspire in our staff a commitment to professional, comprehensive, and compassionate care so our patients can maximize their wellness potential and are looking for candidates committed to sustainable use of best practice evidence in their role.
The Guelph Family Health Team is looking for a part time (0.7 FTE) permanent Registered Dietitian.
The Dietitian will function in close collaboration with physicians and allied health care professionals of the team. As a vital member of the patient focused team the RD will provide clinical services in conjunction with all health care professionals. The role will focus on seeing a diverse caseload, chronic disease management and prevention/health promotion in a primary care setting with a goal to assist individuals, families, groups, and our community at large. The role will be focused on both the provision of direct patient care as well as assisting in the development/implementation of programs, resources, and community linkages.
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Experience developing and implementing nutrition care plans
- Demonstrated teaching ability, case coordination and consultation skills
- Interest, experience, and aptitude for research
- Knowledge of diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and related conditions
- Experience with program planning and evaluation
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Advanced decision making, problem identification and problem solving skills
- The ability to work as a team in a rapidly changing/evolving environment
- Proficiency in the use of computer and information technology
- Preceptor for Dietitian students
- Craving Change (TM) Certification is an asset
Guelph FHT is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process; please advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required.
Interested applicants can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume by May 19, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact only the successful applicants for an interview