Leading Primary Health Care in Guelph
The Guelph Family Health Team’s vision is Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Primary Care. Building on the medical home model, our interdisciplinary team improves the health of Guelph and area residents through patient-guided, quality focused primary healthcare based on best-practice evidence. In collaboration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, we aim to become a designated Best Practice Spotlight Organization. We inspire in our staff a commitment to professional, comprehensive, and compassionate care so our patients can maximize their wellness potential and are looking for candidates committed to sustainable use of best practice evidence in their role.
The Guelph Family Health Team is looking for a full time (1.0 FTE) Registered Dietitian for our Diabetes Care Guelph (DCG) Team for a 14 month contract.
The Dietitian will function in close collaboration with RNs, Kinesiologists, and other allied health team members in addition to physicians and NPs. As a vital member of the patient focused team, the RD will provide clinical services in conjunction with all health care professionals. The role will focus on full scope dietetic practice with a diverse caseload, chronic disease management and prevention/health promotion in a primary care setting with a goal to assist individuals, families, groups, and our community at large with diabetes prevention and management. The role will be focused on both the provision of direct patient care as well as assisting in the development/implementation of programs, resources, and community linkages.
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Currently a Certified Diabetes Educator
- Experience supporting patients with gestational diabetes and/or on insulin pump therapy is an asset
- Demonstrated teaching ability, case coordination and consultation skills
- Strong knowledge of diabetes, metabolic syndrome and related conditions including medications
- Experience developing and implementing nutrition care plans
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Advanced decision making, problem identification and problem solving skills
- The ability to work as a team in a rapidly changing/evolving environment
- Proficiency in the use of computer and information technology
- Craving Change (TM) Certification is an asset
Guelph FHT is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process; please advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required.
Interested applicants can email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume by June 10, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact only the successful applicants for an interview