Leading Primary Health Care in Guelph
The Guelph Family Health Team’s vision is Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Primary
Care. Building on the medical home model, our interdisciplinary team improves the health of
Guelph and area residents through patient-guided, quality focused primary healthcare. We aim
to inspire in our staff a commitment to professional, comprehensive and compassionate care so
our patients can maximize their wellness potential.
The Guelph FHT is looking for part time or full time Psychiatrist positions to provide
psychiatric diagnosis, treatment and coordination of care including psychotherapy and
pharmacotherapy in a collaborative care model.
Guelph Family Health Team provides medical care to 120,000 patients in the Guelph-Puslinch
area. The successful candidates will become part of a multi-disciplinary team or teams that
include Primary Care Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Mental Health Counsellors,
Pharmacists, and Dietitians among others.
The successful candidate will provide clinical services and support the ongoing process of building
mental health and addictions resources in our community in a collaborative care model, support
quality review and improvement of our mental health services, while demonstrating
professionalism in accordance with provincial and national standards of psychiatric practice.
Compensation will be based on the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s Sessional
Compensation Plan for Specialists in Family Health Teams in a blended reimbursement model
combining sessional support and OHIP-billable services.
- Hold a certificate of registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Hold a certification number from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Hold an Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) physician billing number
- Have a specialist designation in the Ministry’s Corporate Provider Database (CPDB)
- Have current physician liability coverage under the Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Expertise with child/adolescent and geriatric populations, addictions, forensic or
consultation and liaison psychiatry or other subspecialty training is not required
but greatly valued
Guelph FHT is an equal opportunity employer. If any accommodations are needed for applicants
during the selection process, please notify HR.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
No resumes will be accepted for this position after October 11, 2018.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.