Leading Primary Health Care in Guelph
The Guelph Family Health Team’s vision is The Best Care for Everyone. Based on the medical home model, our interdisciplinary team improves the health of Guelph and area residents through patient-guided, quality focused primary healthcare based on best-practice evidence. In collaboration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, we are a designated Best Practice Spotlight Organization. We inspire in our staff a commitment to professional, comprehensive, and compassionate care so our patients can maximize their wellness potential and are looking for candidates committed to sustainable use of best practice evidence in their role.
The Guelph Family Health Team is looking for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Mental Health Counsellor for a 6-12 month contract.
As a Mental Health Counsellor your responsibilities will include the provision of some or all of the following mental health services: assessments, short term individual, couple and family counselling, case management, and group work services. The Mental Health Counsellor provides services and support to individuals with a broad range of mental health, emotional health, and substance abuse issues within a primary care setting.
- Education at the master’s level in social science or health discipline
- Eligibility for membership/membership in good standing in the provincial regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers or College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a therapist, social worker, or counsellor working with people with mental health and/or addiction issues
- Ability to provide feedback on program implementation and evaluation
- Extensive knowledge of the issues arising from disabilities, deteriorating mental/physical health and of the conditions which contribute to social isolation and discrimination
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams
Guelph FHT is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process; please advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required.
Interested applicants can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.