What is Health Link (HL)?
Health Link is a cross-organization, team-based approach for Guelph residents who have complex care needs. Health Link connections work with you to address your health and well-being needs using tools and resources to share information that improves the communication among your care providers. This helps you receive the care that you need and want. Through active partnerships with other agencies such as the hospital, emergency, and social services, care providers can effectively resource your care needs and better support your well-being.
How will Health Link benefit you?
- A dedicated care provider is assigned to coordinate your care – someone who knows you and is familiar with your situation
- With you, document a personalized, coordinated plan of care that addresses your needs
- Your plan is regularly reviewed to help you reach your health and well-being goals
- Sharing your documented care plan with your care team, reduces the need to repeat your story
- You have better connections to additional resources, and
- Guelph care providers, through increased communication can ensure you receive comprehensive and timely care
Health Link Care Plans
A key tool used for planning and communication between you and your care providers is a care plan. The Passport is one type of care plan used by the Guelph Family Health Team. The Passport is developed by you and your healthcare provider. It gives a summary of what is going on in your life; contact information for your care team; health and social needs as well as personal priorities.
For more information on how to become a Health Link member, please contact your health care provider.
Please note, we can not respond to messages regarding your health or personal information. If you're looking to change your appointment or get test results you must contact your doctor's office directly. All other messages and feedback will be responded to within 5 business days.