Leading Primary Health Care in Guelph
The Guelph Family Health Team’s vision is Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Primary Care. Building on the medical home model, our interdisciplinary team improves the health of Guelph and area residents through patient-guided, quality focused primary healthcare. We aim to inspire in our staff a commitment to professional, comprehensive and compassionate care so our patients can maximize their wellness potential.
The Guelph FHT is looking for a full-time, 12 to 18 month contract, Evaluation and Decision Support Specialist to join our team.
Improving health for our community is everyone’s job at the Guelph FHT. Reporting to the Manager of Quality Improvement and Evaluation, the Evaluation and Decision Support Specialist at the Guelph FHT is responsible for supporting decision making and improvement initiatives through supporting data collection, extraction and analytics and EMR based decision support activities such as tool development and supporting advanced EMR maturity in our clinics and programs.
Role and Responsibilities:
Evaluation and Data Support
- Supporting Evaluation planning with teams and programs, including clarifying project goals and objectives and selection of appropriate and meaningful process, outcome and balancing measures.
- Supporting the identification, recommendation of processes and data collection tools and methods.
- Supporting teams data collection from various sources (Patients, EMR, Databases), analysis (qualitative and quantitative), visualization of data and the reporting of data in meaningful ways to support meaningful patient centered decision making.
EMR and clinical tool support
- Support the development of EMR based tools to meet clinical and process goals with programs/teams.
- Collaborative work with other organizations who support EMR improvements and tools (eCE, TELUS, OMD etc.)
- Support the use of advanced/underutilised features of the EMR (Email, reports, coding etc.)
- Change management support to clinics looking to adopt tools and workflow improvements.
- A university degree in a related discipline (Statistics, Health Sciences or Information Management) or equivalent education and experience
- Ability to handle a variety of concurrent assignments with variations in urgency
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Strong applied knowledge of TELUS Health: Practice Solutions Suite
- Demonstrated experience developing tools for TELUS Health: Practice Solutions Suite including EAs, Custom forms, toolbars etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in data quality and clinical information management best practices
- Knowledge of additional report writing and statistical analysis packages and a demonstrated ability to learn similar packages quickly will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of primary care and demonstrated interest in the use of data for QI
- Knowledge of performance improvement techniques and practices used in healthcare settings, process redesign and system implementation experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative and qualitative analysis and report writing skills
- Highly effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with partners
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming in a language used to extract data from EMR, eg. SQL is an asset.
Guelph FHT is an equal opportunity employer. If any accommodations are needed for applicants during the selection process, please notify HR.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No resumes will be accepted for this position after October 20, 2019. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.