Leading Primary Health Care in Guelph
Since 2006, the Guelph Family Health Team has taken a team-based approach to patient care and wellbeing. We provide primary care across the city of Guelph, supporting more than 95 doctors and their patients.
Our psychiatry clinic provides person-centered, innovative care for patients connected to our family health team. We have a supportive, collaborative team consisting of seven psychiatrists, a social worker and two administrative assistants. We work in a team-based environment and communicate directly with the primary health care providers through our electronic medical record. Our clinic triages all referrals, manages appointment bookings, and provides general administrative support. There are no overhead costs and remuneration will be from OHIP Billings and a daily sessional fee.
The Guelph Family Health Team is looking for an Adult Psychiatrist to join our team.
Our Psychiatrists provide assessment, follow up care and medication management for adults living with moderate mental health conditions. We support a shared care model and provide mentoring to our primary care physicians and allied healthcare providers. Psychiatry appointments are held virtually or in person at our clinic. Patients remain connected to the clinic until they can be supported by their primary care provider. If additional care is needed individuals can return for further assessment and short-term care. Timely and thorough documentation ensures that the medical record is useful, and a clear treatment plan is easily identified. Psychiatrists also provide medication reviews through E-consults to our primary care providers.
- Royal College qualification in Psychiatry and licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario is required
- Experience with adult psychiatry and addictions is considered an asset
- Able to work independently but also thrives in a multi-disciplinary, team-based environment.
- Strong experience working with culturally diverse and marginalized populations
- Able to build strong, professional relationships with patients, staff, and community members
- Passionate about improving the lives of our patients and want to make a difference in our community
- Highly organized and proficient with various database software
Guelph FHT is an equal opportunity employer. If any accommodations are needed for applicants during the selection process, please notify HR.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.